CARE Vanuatu is delighted to announce that applications are NOW OPEN for participants and mentors for the 2019 Young Women’s Leadership Program.
Funded with support from the Australian government, the Young Women’s Leadership Program is a 12-month program that supports 30 emerging young women leaders aged between the ages of 18-30 to develop leadership skills for gender equality and ending violence against women and girls.
21 successful young women will be chosen from Port Vila and 9 young women from Tafea Province.
Young Women’s Leadership Program 2019
Mentor Expression of Interest
Who are we looking for?
Young women who are:
- Aged 18-30 years old
- Passionate about gender equality and ending violence against women and girls
- Ready to put in time, energy and effort to grow themselves as leaders and give back to others.
Mentors for the program
What is the process of selection?
- Indicate your interest by completing the application form and email or drop into the CARE office by 30th April 2019
Please address applications to:
Brigitte Laboukly, Gender Equality Project Manager
- CARE will review the applications and make a final selection by 6 May 2019
Please note – an external panel will be involved to select participants.
What does the program involve?
Participating in the YWLP will provide you with support, inspiration and guidance to develop your leadership skills and apply them to promote gender equality and end violence. Specifically you will:
- Become connected to a dynamic cohort of young women leaders participating in the 2019 YWLP as well as graduates from the 2018 YWLP.
- Be matched with an experienced woman leader who will act as your mentor for one year.
- Participate in a five-day Leadership Workshop in June 2019 in Port Vila. The workshop will focus on developing your understanding of gender equality and discussing and practicing key leadership skills.
- Participate in a series of workshops throughout the year on different topics which will build your knowledge and skills
- Take up opportunities to develop leadership skills which might include working with other leaders, leading a small project or developing an existing leadership role.