CARE assists Syrian children reaching Serbia

By CARE Australia September 4, 2015 6 comments
CARE is assisting the thousands of Syrian refugees expected to cross the Serbian border in the coming weeks seeking safety.

CARE is assisting the thousands of Syrian refugees expected to cross the Serbian border in the coming weeks seeking safety.

CARE along with partner organisation local refugee organisation Novi Sad Humanitarian have begun operations assisting Syrian children and their families crossing into Serbia.

CARE Germany-Luxenborg has pledged significant budget to provide emergency aid to assist a predicted 10,000 refugees who will reach the border in the coming weeks.

CARE is assisting the thousands of Syrian refugees expected to cross the Serbian border in the coming weeks seeking safety.
CARE is assisting the thousands of Syrian refugees expected to cross the Serbian border in the coming weeks seeking safety.
CARE is assisting the thousands of Syrian refugees expected to cross the Serbian border in the coming weeks seeking safety.

“People are exhausted and desperately need help,” says Felix Wolff, Director for CARE Balkans.

Just yesterday, CARE distributed its first emergency kits to around 300 women, children and men fleeing Syria. The kits contain essentials such as water, food and hygiene items for women and girls. While families with small children have been provided with diapers, wipes, baby food and disinfectant.

Donate

Over half of Syrian refugees are children

CARE is assisting the thousands of Syrian refugees expected to cross the Serbian border in the coming weeks seeking safety.
CARE is assisting the thousands of Syrian refugees expected to cross the Serbian border in the coming weeks seeking safety.
CARE is assisting the thousands of Syrian refugees expected to cross the Serbian border in the coming weeks seeking safety.

Over four million Syrians have fled conflict in their homeland. Three quarters of these refugees are women and children.

You can help provide life-saving assistance to families in need by donating to CARE’s Syrian Refugee Crisis Appeal today.

6 Comments Leave new

maab Oct 14 2016 at 12:10

wil ALL the money go to the syrian refugee

Reply
CARE Australia Oct 20 2017 at 03:10

Hi Maab, Thanks for contacting us. 90% of the funds raised will go directly to this emergency the other 10% will go towards essential fundraising services. To find out more head to www.care.org.au/where-the-money-goes. Thanks, CARE Australia

Irene Sep 06 2015 at 02:09

I would like confirmation that this would go to this cause before i donate anything. Please assure me that this is not not scam and is genuf

Reply
Bonnie Ho Sep 09 2015 at 11:09

Hi Irene,

Thank you for getting in touch and your interest in helping Syrian refugees.

CARE Australia have been running a Syrian Refugee Crisis Appeal since the conflict in Syria began in 2011. Over this time we have been able to reach over one million Syrian children and their families with assistance such as food, clean water, hygiene kits and basics such as mattresses and blankets. You can find out more here.

Hope this helps and thanks again for your support.

Bonnie and the CARE Australia Team.

Irene Sep 06 2015 at 02:09

How do I know that any money I donate will go to this cause?

Reply
Bonnie Ho Sep 09 2015 at 11:09

Hi Irene,

CARE Australia has very strict codes of conduct to ensure all money donated goes to the cause it is meant to. You can find out more about where your donation goes here: https://www.care.org.au/where-the-money-goes/

Thanks again. Bonnie on behalf of the CARE Australia Team.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Please note: Comments are moderated before appearing on the site.