Invite a CARE speaker to your office, group, event or school and learn about global poverty from someone with firsthand experience working in international development in developing countries.
What do we speak about?
We present on a range of topics including:
- Global poverty, international development and the Millennium Development Goals
- The important role of women and girls in reducing poverty
- The geographical, economic and political challenges of poverty
- Humanitarian emergencies like the earthquake in Haiti, Asian Tsunami, and food crisis in East Africa
- International Women’s Day (8 March)
- Anti-Poverty Week (October).
| Dr Julia Newton-Howes, CEO CARE Australia, presenting at the One Just World Forum in 2013
What sort of events do we speak at?
We are experienced in presenting at all types of events, including:
- Corporate engagements
- School groups, both primary and secondary - visit our CARE at your school page
- Guest lectures at universities and TAFEs
- Fundraising events
- Women’s groups
- Associations and clubs
How do I request a CARE speaker?
Contact Lyrian Fleming
Phone: 03 9421 5572
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. - Nelson Mandela
|Lyrian Fleming, CARE Australia's Development Education Coordinator, in Ethiopia