CARE at your school
Do your students learn about developing countries?
CARE speakers have firsthand experience working in developing countries and in international development. Invite a CARE speaker to your school and give your students the opportunity to hear about the challenges and solutions to global poverty from someone with practical experience.
We present on a range of topics including:
• Global poverty, international development and the Millennium Development Goals
• The important role of women and girls in reducing poverty
• The geographical, economic and political challenges of poverty
• Humanitarian emergencies like the Syrian refugee crisis or the East African food crisis
• International Women’s Day (8 March)
• Anti-Poverty Week (October).
Request a speaker today
Contact Lyrian Fleming
03 9421 5572
Resource for teachers – Global Poverty: Teacher’s Toolkit
CARE Australia’s Global Poverty: Teacher’s Toolkit is a free resource to help you teach your students about poverty, inclusive of case studies and lesson activities.
Download or order your free copy today
• Global Poverty
• Emergency response
• Women’s empowerment
• Poverty and disability
Download Global Poverty: Teacher's Toolkit (PDF)
This document has been shrunk for online use; to request a high resolution copy, email email@example.com.
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. - Nelson Mandela