Help 1 woman out of poverty and she'll bring 4 others with her.
Women and girls can create lasting change if they have the opportunity to gain an education, access health services, generate an income, and take a lead in their community.
Did you know?
- Of the world’s poorest people, 70 per cent are women and girls.
- One in seven girls in a developing country will marry before her 15th birthday.
- Women produce 90 per cent of the world’s food, but own 1 per cent of its farmland.
- When women earn an income, they reinvest 90 per cent in their families.
- For every year a girl spends in school she raises her family income by 20 per cent.
Educating women and girls provides the single highest return on investment in the developing world.
We’d like to introduce you to four women CARE has helped to live, learn, earn and lead in their communities. Click on the pictures below to read each woman's story.
You can help her to live, learn, earn and lead
||It can cost as little as $69 to educate a girl for a year.